Harassment Training/Handbook Sign-off

I am getting ready to do our organization's first-ever anti-harassment training in conjunction with a review of Employee Handbook changes. I have two requests:
1) Would anyone be willing to share their Anti-Harassment Training sign-off; and
2) How about a sign-off for having received and reviewed the Employee Handbook.

Our old one seems so darned unfriendly with wording about waiving rights to a jury trial and owing the organization court costs, etc.

I am happy with the overall content of our handbook, I just want to make these two acknowledgments possibly work and possibly tie together and feel just slightly more use-friendly. Opinions? - Thanks

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I took this straight out of M. Lee Smith's "Ten Danger Zones" harassment training materials.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I acknowledge that I attended a training session on the topic of "Harassment."

I understand my responsibility to uphold and observe the applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning this issue in addition to this company's policies and procedures.

• Here's ours:

Employee Acknowledgement and
    Statement of At-Will Employment

Please sign and return to your supervisor or the Human Resources Department within one week of receipt of the [Company] Employee Materials.

I, ___________________________________ have received a copy of the [Company] Employee Materials.

I have read these materials and agree to abide by the policies, procedures, statements, and terms contained therein.

I understand that this set of policies, rules and procedures is not a contract, and agree to be held by the following statement:
    The [Company] Employee Materials is not an exhaustive collection of the reasons why an employee may be disciplined or discharged and the Company reserves the right to add to or delete from the list at any time. None of the procedures, policies or benefits in this handbook is intended by reason of their publication to confer any rights or privileges upon you, or to entitle you to be or remain employed by the Company. Any employee may voluntarily leave employment or may be terminated by the Company at any time for any or no reason with or without notice. Every employee has an at-will relationship with the Company. Any statements or promises to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by a prospective or current employee, unless in written form signed by the General Manager. The company reserves the right to make changes to these working rules at any time, with or without notice, at the Company’s sole discretion.

______________________________________ __________________
    Signature Date

It's long, but I stole it from the law firm I used to work for...I figure, lawyers wrote it and it may be overkill, but better safe than sorry.
  • Here's our Acknowledgement of Receipt

ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT

This handbook is presented to provide you with information about your employment with Company Name. It has been prepared as a guide and reference only. This employee handbook is not a contract either express or implied. Company name adheres to the policy of employment-at-will, which means that either you or Company Name may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.

Company Name reserves the right to revise, discontinue, suspend, or modify any of the policies, procedures and benefits contained in this handbook at any time and in its sole discretion. Company Name’s policy of employment-at-will, however, may be modified only by a formal written contract, signed by both the employee and Director of Administration, evidencing the organization’s intent to enter into a contract of employment.
    ______________, President

I, _________________________________, have received a copy of Company's Name employee handbook. I understand that it is my responsibility to read it and to understand the policies outlined within it. I also understand that Company's Name has the right to revise, discontinue, suspend or modify any of the policies, procedures or benefits contained in this handbook at any time and that all such changes will be binding upon all employees.

I further understand that my employment with Company Name is at-will, for no definite period of time.

_______________________ ________________________
    Employee Signature Date