Restrictions for Epileptic ee

An ee had a Grand Mal seizure on Monday eve. He said he had forgotten to take his meds and didnt bring any with him. He got banged up pretty badly. He told me he is driving. He has an appt today with his doc. I told him to ask if he is restricted to drive for a period of time. I havent found anything on the web that is definitive for Connecticut. He is in the Shipping Dept and needs to drive a towmotor occasionally.

Would the same restriction apply to a towmotor as
a car?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Sheila - After that incident, I would have immediately sent the employee home until they provided me with a releaase from the doctor saying it was okay to come back to work. At the same time, I would have also given the employee a copy of their job description & asked the ee to have their doctor look it over before giving their permission to release/not release.

From your post, it doesn't sound as though that happened. No worries, I would still say to the employee that you need a release from the doctor allowing the employee to come back to work. Give the ee a copy of their job description & then wait for the doctor's response.

Good luck.

Mandi