Credit card collector

I just recieved a call from our front desk receptionist who stated that a credit card collector has called at least 8 times in the last 4 days asking to speak to one of our support techs. The receptionist is putting the call through to the ee's voice mail, but she isn't returning the credit card company's call. The cc company now wants to speak to her supervisor, which I certainly won't let happen. The EE has not complained to me about the credit card company calling her, so is it her responsibility to contact them or should I call the credit card company and ask them not to contact us?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This periodically becomes an issue here. When it does, I have the receptionist transfer the call to me. I tell them our phones are for company business only; to contact the employee after work hours and if the persist in calling they will be jeopardizing the employee's job. I then let the employee know what has happend and ask them to tell whomever has been calling not to call them at work. So far, this has worked for us.
  • As an employer representative, you can request that the creditor no longer call the employee at work, especially if your company has some sort of policy that restricts or prohibits private calls in the workplace. Your leverage is that you are paying your workers to get a job done, not take care of their private business. The creditor may require your request in writing, you have to explain that your interest is in enforcing your policy and the best of interest of your business, and your request will not stop the calls to the employee at a private number for the employee. It should, however, get them out of your work environment and stop the unnecessary interruptions.

I have done it several times, sometimes at the request of the employee, sometimes at the request of others who get stuck with answering the phone and taking messages. It has been successful for me every time.

best wishes.