Anybody ever used Knowledge Point Performance Now?

I have encountered this performance review software and cannot find anybody who has ever heard of it. Have any of you ever used it? What was your experience like? Was it any good?

I'd appreciate any help at all!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I found it here when I came on board. I used it for a template to create our exempt and non-exempt performance reviews.
  • I have used Knowledge Point for 3 years for the money it is great software. It is easy to use and requires little time to set up. The main problem that I had with it was getting mangers to use the features and when writing the actual evaluations, not thoroughly reading the selection before inserting it into the evaluation form
  • I have it for position descriptions, and it works fairly well--templates, allows minimum modifications, plugs in boiler plate info, runs through a quick and dirty exemption test. Given the low cost and that I don't have to work in it daily, it's worth the cost to me. It is not compatible with MS, so it doesn't lend itself well to import/export. However, there are ways to make it work with minimal extra steps. It also is limited pretty much to a single work station, an advantage in my organization with position descriptions as it provides an automatic control feature against unauthorized changes to position descriptions. As the sole user, all JD changes have to come through my PC.

I have the 4-product suite that includes the performance review product , task manager, and policy writer, but I haven't used any more than than the JD part so far.

• I have used just about the entire KnowledgePoint suite over the years. I still use the DescriptionNow portion occasionally for a starting point for new job descriptions, but haven't used the PerformanceNow portion in a couple of years. You really can't beat it for the price, though, particularly if you use it as a base template. Our supervisors loved its ease of use the first year or two because it produces its own wording based on your selections; however, the wording doesn't change if the performance level doesn't change so it does become quite redundant.

We've now developed our own review form (using the best of several that I received from other forumites) that our company loves. Good luck!
  • I would love to see what your review form looks like. We have one that does the job but is very lengthy. Any chance you would share?
  • What is your email address? Please keep in mind that ours is tailored to the print industry, but I believe it could easily be adapted to other industries.
  • I have been using Knowledge Point Performance Now and Knowledge Point Job Descriptions for the past 6 years and absolutely love it both of them. I paid $150.00 a piece for them back then.
    The product is easy to install, set up, and use. In the Knowledge Point Performance Now (Evaluation product) there is a 5 point scale, 1 is poor and 5 is excellent. You just point and click on one of the numbers for each evaluation element and text appears that accurately describes the performance. The only disadvantage is It comes with a one station license, so the supervisors must do their reviews from my computer; however, the advantage to this is it affords me the opportunity to interact with the supervisors in making sure that they are doing their reviews fairly and accurately.