Where to go to recruit for a Difficult Job Description

I am recruiting for a different type job and I have tried all the conventional methods and have not had much luck. Does anyone have any really good ideas on how to recruit for something out of the ordinary?

This is a top priority with the owner of the company and I am coming up empty handed at every turn and I already have job hunters and temp agencies working on it as well as the ads and DOL websites and online websites.

Shirley

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • How's about word of mouth in the local community? Or... a bonus for a current ee if they recommend someone for the position that is hired? Working with our local Chamber we can place open positions on their website as well as the local college and university.
    Good luck
  • Try a local radio station. I've been trying for 10 months to fill a different position. Tried all the "regular" means and came up empty handed. We ran the radio ad this week and have actually received 3 very promising phone calls. Before...nothing. Good Luck!
  • The Radio, that's a good idea, never thought of that. Word of mouth has been tried, and for this job a college won't work as I need a promotional, educater to travel all over the U.S. speaking to groups of people about nutrition. They have to have more experiece.

I will try the Radio thanks much for the suggestion.

Shirley
  • It sounds to me that a Registered Dietician would be a good candidate for what you are lookiing for.
    Try listing with their association it has helped us in the past to find RD educators.
  • How do I get in touch with their association?

Thanks for the tip it is appreciated.

Shirley
  • Shirley: Tell us more about the position and type of personalities you feel this person might present in an interview/ From these factors someone might be able to help you with a new IDEA!

Have you tried to power up the current employee with a bonus referraL THAT LANDS THE RIGHT PERSON. WE PAY OUR EMPLOYEES $100.00 PER EMPLOYEE REFERRED, WHEN THAT PERSON HIRED REMAINS ENROLLED AFTER 60 DAYS, AND ANOTHER $100.00 AFTER THAT PERSON HAS BEEN ENROLLED FOR 120 DAYS. IF THIS IS A REAL HARD ONE TO CRACK, MAYBE YOUR INCENTIVES FOR REFERRALS ARE TO LOW.

pork/Richard

• We do not give referrel bonus's. If someone refer's someone to us and we hire that person than the employee referring gets a paid day off.

The perfect employee would be the picture of health as this is a health food company and we are pitching health food products.
    They would be able to speak to a group of members (outside sales) and motivate them to grow their business selling our products.
    Since many of our products are for ladies and their conditions they would need to feel comfortable talking to a group of ladies about ladies conditions.
    They also would be able to write so when they are not speaking they could write nutritional article for our magazine. They would be very knowledgeable in the nutritional field.

My staff is over 40% call center. They do not refer these types of candidates, neither does my warehouse or IT staff. My staff is mostly over 40 and have been here for more than 5 and most for 10 years or more.

Shirley
  • You are not going to belive this , but it is true. I found a really good prospect by searching on the computer. I am in the process of working with her to see if she will relocate from Louisiana to Idaho.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Shirley
  • Here is a link to start and I am checking with our RDs for additional info and will email you if I get additional sources. I am guessing that your state has something similar and may be worth a Google. Hope it helps: [url]http://www.nutritionwsda.org/[/url]
  • Our local college allows us to post jobs on their website. (no charge) We get many applicants through this venue. Many have turned out to be just the right fit.