Help with locating a Feed Mill Manager

FORUM MEMBERS: I don't know that I have ever seen anyone put out a placement need, and this might not be the right place to do this, but this is one member needing to find a Feed Mill Manager and pretty quick. You have my e-mail address and you may respond to me direct. I just need a name and an e-mail address and I will be making the direct contact. Any help from any one of you would be appreciated. Our General Manager is running the FEED PRODUCTION operation for now; he is ready to fire the whole lot and start over from scratch. Please help if you know of anyone that might be interested.

PORK

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-19-05 AT 05:39PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I might know of one but he is a FOREIGN NATIONAL!

Seriously, check your email. I have dug into my archives for people who send me resumes thinking we're some sort of farming operation complete with animals or something.
  • You might try listing the job with your local Win Center, which also houses the placement office of the Dept of Employment Security. They will place your job order locally, statewide and nationally. How hard can it be to find someone in Mississippi to manage a feed mill? Don't expect many responses if you are paying less than $30,000 annually. But, PoRk, what about these Mexicans you've raved about for three years. Can't you promote one of them and show that you have career paths as an objective of the organization? Surely one of them can step up to the plate. Think what that would do for the morale of your Hispanic workforce.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-20-05 AT 09:44AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Gene & Don: Thanks for your input, I am conducting a silent search within my HR world. we are not yet ready to tell the feed Mill Manager that his Leadership abilities are not what we need. Our Hispanic population are good, hard working ees, but none have the ability or experience to manage and run such a complex and demanding unit. That is why the GM is currently managing the facility and learning more about the lack and leadership abilities for a 8 year seasoned manger. T

he Feed Mill is the absolute best example of a just in time operation. The grains and minerals come together in a giant size mixer and then moves the meal over to a holding bin until the computer says, truck is on the scale so finish the cooking process and dump into bin/pocket 1 2000 lbs. Just in time, new grain is received stored for the mixture today or tomorrow.

If this search was not an attempt to find someone without revealing our potential intent, I would have already used the WIN Center for the national ability to stir the pot for managers with the right experience.

Gene: I have already sent your leads an e-mail and one has responded.

Maybe the HRhero forum will find a new and valuable use and category to be available for national posting for us of job opportunities. What say you M. L. Smith; James can you help for we Mississippi subscribers?

PORK
  • Doesn't exactly sound like rocket science to me. I recommend you look within the company, especially your minority groups. Diversify PoRk! The person need not be a white man with a Dodge pickup! You can run a blind ad in the Clarion Ledger for $200 if you insist nobody in-house can manage to learn that process.

Disclaimer: This message is not intended to offend or attack. It is posted as personal opinion. If you find yourself offended or uncomfortable, email me and let me know why.
  • How much does it pay? I might be interested for the right money. I have a degree in history and come from a long line of Pennsylvania Dutch farmers. I think it might be in my blood.
  • When I was back home on the farm in Indiana, I used to slop the hogs, mix tankage, minerals and vitamins with it. I use to give shots, clean the farrowing house and have even bottle fed some Hampshire and a few Duroc piglets. Does that qualify????? If not, I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express a few times!!!
  • Anyone who goes on a two day canoe trip in Mississippi and catches not a single fish, is disqualified.

• I've been telling everyone that it was because of poor advice that I got from what turned out to be an unreliable source in Madison.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-21-05 AT 06:10AM (CST)[/font][br][br]"The Feed Mill is the absolute best example of a just in time operation. The grains and minerals come together in a giant size mixer and then moves the meal over to a holding bin until the computer says, truck is on the scale so finish the cooking process and dump into bin/pocket 1 2000 lbs. Just in time, new grain is received stored for the mixture today or tomorrow."

It's automated? Cool. I'm from the city but, I may be interested. I've seen pigs at the petting zoo and I leared to use the microwave with minimal instruction. Do you need a token white female over 40 for your AAP? Wait! Who's running HR over there? Uh, sorry. I've accepted another opportunity. x0:)

• WHOA was I right, this is not the forum to seek real world professional help across this nation for a real concern from this HR.

James if you please un-plug this post/thread to the trash, it is not worthy of a return visit by anyone! If not the trash, then to the delete file and the Laughing/joke category!!!!!!

PORK

Gene: Thanks for your understanding and the use of my e-mail address for the referrals.

I am out of here for this post and will not return; ya'll have a great time with your lack of concern and professional approach.
  • "Our Hispanic population are good, hard working ees, but none have the ability or experience to manage and run such a complex and demanding unit."

PoRk: Don't go away mad. In the meantime I suggest you rethink your position (above). I'll just bet you can find someone among your workforce who can learn to push those buttons and activate that highly sophisticated equipment. Sounds about as complicated as a McDonald's cash register to me. Don't be surprised if your GM gets fed up with doing it himself and puts YOU out there. x:-)

• Geez, Pork! I'm up here in Maryland and haven't run accross anyone who would meet your job qualifications. In light of that I thought I'd throw some humor in. Of course, I take your post seriously. But seriously, now, how could I help you? You wanna' send me a Building Inspector?

I know you're a good HR professional. Don't be so sensitive.

• You're in Maryland??!! All this time I thought you were a doctor. Man!

• Actually, I possess some of those skills too. I had 'Home Nursing' in high school and studied (self directed course) in Anatomy. However; anyone wishing an exam has to make an appointment 30 days in advance and pay up front.
  • "WHOA was I right, this is not the forum to seek real world professional help across this nation for a real concern from this HR.

James if you please un-plug this post/thread to the trash, it is not worthy of a return visit by anyone! If not the trash, then to the delete file and the Laughing/joke category!!!!!!

PORK

Gene: Thanks for your understanding and the use of my e-mail address for the referrals.

I am out of here for this post and will not return; ya'll have a great time with your lack of concern and professional approach."

I'm glad I was able to be of help, however, I think you just got a taste of how frustrating, ineffective and down-right maddening it can be when a thread goes belly-up and off-topic. This is exactly how I view your hijacks to plug SAVE.

Gene
  • Gene! Did you just open the door for more minutia?
  • Yes, Gene, would you please go back over that chapter about S.A.V.E. I want to be sure my notes are accurate.

• Well, let's see. Pay close attention this time as I refuse to repeat myself.

1-FOREIGN NATIONAL comes in to apply.
    2-Run them through SAVE.
    3-DENY employment.

Each SAVE entry automatically enters the user in a contest for the chance to get a Presidential appointment to some sort of tax-payer-funded position in the Washington bureaucracy.

Maybe, maybe that lucky individual can fix the system so when I run Mickey Mouse (with a citizen's SSN) with a fake A# and fake expiration date of document (1/1/11) I don't get an "EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED".
  • Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to cause you such distress with my little quip. I apologize.
  • Grovel is not exactly your color young man.