I-9 On-line verification service # 2

FORUM MEMBERS:

I have just returned from another hiring action at one of our remote locations. Upon returning I entered the I-9 on line verification system and successfully entered my USER ID and my password and got onto the initial verification page. I pulled the I-9 from the hiring package and began to enter the data written on the I-9 and hit submission; the system gave me an error selection and total me to go to the documents submission, I clicked on the down arrow, a list of authorized documents appeared. One of the selections was Documents from the list B, C. once I passed that hurdle, I hit submission again. With in seconds I had my authorization for employment. I hit print and went to the printer and retrieved the document and attached it to the I-9, case closed.

Since this was a US Citizen and I had validated the list B, C documents, the system allowed me to progress to employment authorization without sending any one any where. The system took all of 2 minutes even with my ole fingers and typing skills.

A follow up to my previous update, I spoke with one of our Hispanics speaking employees, who always assist me in the enrollment of Hispanic employees, she told me the previous person that I wrote about could not get the errors in the DHS data bank corrected and he would not be coming back. I told her to tell him he would have one more pay check coming for the 4 hours worked this past monday morning before I was able to suspend him.

My action at this point is to wait the required 8 days, which will be next Wednesday and on Thursday morning, I will enter the system and close out the case with DHS and out files will also be closed with one more attachment, a termination document based on "attendance".

I am really glad to read on TN HR's POST that there are other "testing companies and voluntary employers" who have found the system to be functional and flawless. Two entrys do not make a full test, but for me I feel proud of our SSA and DHS for their work. But thanks for coming to my defense.

I, too, am frustrated by the inability of the authorities to pick up these identified foreign nationals who are in our country without authorization. But you know, it will come a time when a ajorities are sending employees to the DHS for resolution of data bank errors and they never return to the employer, but will also not be able to find a job and will slowly make their way back home.

PORK and I am glad to have another Blessed day and may all of you share in it with me.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There is a lot to be said about the value of perserverence.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 02:56PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I wish you continued success with the program pork. I am glad it is working for you.

TO ANYONE READING THIS: THE I-9 SAVE PILOT HERALDED BY PORK AS THE ONE-STOP SOLUTION TO TERRORISM, BAD HIRES, THE ECONOMY, THE PRICE OF EGGS IN CHINA, CANCER, WHOOPING COUGH AND WORLD PEACE, IS FLAWED!

• FORUM MEMBERS: It certainly is up to you to read and believe whatever you want about these types of POST and threads. Anyone who debates should present the facts or loose the appreciation of the listeners for the words communicated.

As previously posted, first there was one (1) ole' PORK and then there was (2) Ginny and soon there will be others to by pass the "naysayer" and the "corner preacher" warning all that, the world is coming to an end, but providing no proof. Just hone in on the word "FLAWED" and seek proof. My proof of the success of two on-line verifications systems is in my I-9 files and in the formal register of the DHS. Neither the SSA nor the SAVE Program is FLAWED except for those who do not want an "on-line system" to help all HRs to protect their company from wrongful hiring and wrongful termination charges and their work force from over crowding with persons not authorized to be working in the USA.

PORK

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 05:13PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Pork,

I only have three words for you: YOU'VE BEEN CHALLENGED!

See the Hrharhar(sp?) thread for my open challenge to you. Will you step-up to the plate? Will you finally put your money where your mouth is? Are you willing to stop writing checks that your a** can't cash?

Time will tell.