Sexual Harrassment Training

We are a mid-sized (125 ee) company. I want to implement a training program on Sexual Harrassment (avoiding it) for our Managers. Looking for recommendations are good pre-packaged program. Thank you.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think the folks that sponsor this website/forum have good material, though I have not personally used it. Give them a try?
  • Our 10 Danger Zones series has a very good tape on this subject.
    Check it out at:

[url]http://www.hrhero.com/videos.shtml[/url]

And Georgia Peach, thanks for the plug.

Brad Forrister
    Director of Publishing
    M. Lee Smith Publishers

• Check out a video from American Media entitled "Sexual Harassment - Is it or Isn't it?" I use it all the time and it not only talks about the elements that constitute harassment but also gives you scenarios that get your participants discussing some of the finer points of what may or may not be harassment.

I also have a PowerPoint presentation that I have put together that I use in conjunction with the video.
  • I have training that I put together in PowerPoint, but I also use a short tape from Kantola Productions (415)381-9363 or [url]www.kantola.com[/url]. This is a short film (less than 30 minutes) which has a lot of scenarios in it. I use it to supplement my PowerPoint presentation.

Since I work in a medical practice and physicians are somewhat resistant to these type topics, I also brought our attorney in for a short segment on the physician training...basically hitting on the monetary implications of sexual harassment.
  • Don't know your budget, or if you have counsel, but I have found the most beneficial training to be that provided by a labor law attorney, stand up presentation, 40 minutes long, three sessions to include everyone, cost averages between probably $200-250 if he is your regular counsel. Negotiable. Then I would supplement that with one of my own at least every six months for supervisory staff only.