Applicant Rejection Letters

Do we need to send a rejection letters to applicants who replied to our blind ad?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • why was it a blind ad,if i might ask?...regards from texas,mike maslanka
  • Sending rejection letters is a courtesy to job applicants. There are no federal statutes which would require you to send those letters, and unless your state has specific requirements, you are not legally mandated to send them.
  • I only send rejection letters to those individuals that are interviewed and not selected.

We usually send out a card when we receive a resume advising individuals that we will contact them if we have a suitable vacancy. Otherwise, people are calling to make sure we received their resume, fax, etc.

I realize we go above and beyond here, but this cuts down on the number of telephone calls I get concerning resumes.
  • I too am curious as to why it would be a blind ad. I would imagine there would be a statement that you will contact those you are interested in.If such, yo would not havew to send a response.

I usually send a pre-printed post card to all those interested since I consider them interested parties only.They all have interest, but do them meet qualifications? It is only those who we interview that are classified as candidates. We would send them letters, that can also be form letters.
    Sal,Kenai
  • The whole purpose of a blind ad is to protect or hide the identity of the empoyer. In the past we have used blind ads, but even then very sparingly, but we have not used a blind ad in the last five years. Many good cnaidates will not apply because they fear they may be applying to their current employer.
  • I only contact those applicants that I'd like to interview when it comes to responses to a bind ad. Often times, you can have several applicants who just don't meet your criteria. Since it's a blind ad, you don't need to respond. No one knows who ran the ad in the first place.